Wireless telemetry

Just put anything that is not directly related to the Gluon-specific implementation here. I will create subforums if required!

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Wireless telemetry

Postby lukasz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:58 am

Thanks Tom for sharing the link.

Since I have a flying wing (120cm) I was thinking to place RC transmitter on one end of the wing and xbee on the opposite side. I guess having 120cm distance between both should eliminate any disturbances.

The link that you pointed out shows 868 MHz module. Won't this interference with 35 Mhz RC receiver?
lukasz

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:26 pm

No, only when they are really close to eachother. Either way, you should always do a range check.
The 2.4GHz XBee won't interfere either, but if you want to use a video transmitter or a 2.4GHz RC-transmitter you will have problems. That's why I prefer the 868MHz one.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby lukasz » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Yes, that's the whole idea. in the future I plan to have a video link.

Firstly I plan to have a fully operating UAV with telemetry and ground station. Later I plan to add video link to it.

Regarding xbee modules, do I need development kit or I only need 2x xbee modules and regulator boards? Will I be able program those two xbee modules using only regulator boards and FTDI cable?
lukasz

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes normally 2 XBee modules and 2 adapter boards with the FTDI cable should be enough. But once I have them I'll test it to be sure.
Tom
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General