Software improvements / bugs ?!!?

All questions related to the configuration tool and groundstation

Moderator: lukasz

Software improvements / bugs ?!!?

Postby kempo » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:12 pm

The goal of this topic is to post the potential bugs found and ideeas for improvments, hopefully Tom will have time to correct/implement them them.

Here are some examples:

1.Improvement - to add to the ReplayControl window a fast backward button and a sliding bar ( with the sliding bar is easier to play with the log , to find a specific point)

2.Bug - While playing with the ReplayControl window I have observed that the 16X button could be activated if I click on it but it cannot be deactivated at the second click. To deactivate it I must click the one of the other buttons : 4X or 2X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mvUJB0 ... KZ_4qZcxPQ

3. Bug - it seems that the parameters regarding the Auto throttle are not saved correctly :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01B40ES ... KZ_4qZcxPQ

4. Bug - if, during the start up , I power first the plane ( autopilot) and after the RC transmitter , the autopilot remain in Auto mode , it is not "searching" for RC signal, it is not reconnecting to the RC transmitter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLjOm- ... KZ_4qZcxPQ
kempo

Re: Software improvements / bugs ?!!?

Postby kempo » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:21 am

5. Bug - CIRCLE_TO does not have the possibility to be used using relative coordinates:

http://youtu.be/Gj-6nz3fIfo
kempo

Postby Tom » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:31 pm

Thank you for testing :-)

The replaycontrol suggestion #1 would be a lot of work! I also would like it but really, a lot of work...

I'll take a look at the other ones!
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Tom wrote:Thank you for testing :-)

The replaycontrol suggestion #1 would be a lot of work! I also would like it but really, a lot of work...

I'll take a look at the other ones!

Thank you.

6. Improvement - in order to have a full autopilot mission done it is needed to have 3 phases : autolaunch, acual flightplan and auto landing. The first phase I think that is the one that could be improved.

Now there are 2 options ( I am thinking at ARM_TRIGGER) : Foward-Backward x 3 and Left - Right x 3 . Maybe it could be implemented a new option for ARM_TRIGGER : to keep the engine stopped until the autopilot "see" a big acceleration and after this to turn it on and start the auto mission .

This option will apply in case of bungee launcher is used. For the heavy flying is easier and much safer to use a bungee launcher than to throw it. Due to the weight the existing ARM_TRIGGER options could not be applied.
kempo

Postby kempo » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:34 pm

7. Improvement - After the flightplan is created it would be good if the ground station could offer the option to export it to KML format.

This way, after a flight it is much more easier to analyse the data - real flight vs. planned flight (overlapping in Google Earth).
kempo

Postby small_rc » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Kempo wrote

"4. Bug - if, during the start up , I power first the plane ( autopilot) and after the RC transmitter , the autopilot remain in Auto mode , it is not "searching" for RC signal, it is not reconnecting to the RC transmitter"

I had this issue recently where the GP2 was powering up in auto mode. I wanted the GP2 to power up in manual mode regardless of whether a receiver was connected or not. To do that, while connected via USB cable, with the transmitter and Rx connected, I put the GP2 in manual mode. Then I wrote / saved the parameters to the flash on the GP2. I tested by powering off and each time the GP2 powered up in manual mode. I am quite sure that from then on the GP2 powered up in manual mode.
small_rc

Postby kempo » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 am

8. Bug ?! - In the past days before starting a flight, with the plane on the ground, I have deleted all the logs [ Gluonpilot config / Datalogging/ Format]. After this I have done a flight but without disconnecting the battery and I was surprised to see that the log was not saved.

So :

- format logs;
- start flight;
- land;
- check on the ground - no logs available;

If there is a power off / power on cycle between the logs format and the flight , the data are saved, if not, no data are saved.
kempo

Return to Software