Autoland on Radio Data / Control failure

All questions related to the configuration tool and groundstation

Moderator: lukasz

Autoland on Radio Data / Control failure

Postby spinner » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:34 pm

Hi,

I've been creating various navigation blocks and when they end they revert to my "Standby" block which is the first block after "Start".

I'd like to have a block that is initiated should there be loss of both Radio contacts with the UAS for a certain time period. The aim of the block would be to initiate an automated landing block which I know is already possible but I'm not seeing any conditionals based on Radio Data and Control connections being valid. So ideally it would be in the "Start" block along with the Battery and Maximum Range settings.

Thanks,
Tim.
spinner

Re: Autoland on Radio Data / Control failure

Postby Tom » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:12 am

Hi Tim,

This is indeed not yet possible. For this we would need to send a heartbeat message from the GCS to the module and monitor it. I'll put it on the roadmap.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby small_rc » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Could you not use the failsafe on the RC Rx to do this. Set a channel that is not normally used on GluonPIlot as the failsafe channel. In failsafe make it go to minimum or maximum servo position. Set a trigger command or servo position trigger in the flightplan. When the failsafe on the Rx goes into effect, that servo goes past the trigger value. GluonPilot senses this. Then it could go to line number where autoland is located.

Is this not the same way "return to launch" can be triggered?
small_rc

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:29 pm

You can use the FlightPlanSwitch to do this, and make sure you receivers failsafe triggers the correct flightplan :-)

But you will need to combine it by setting your failsafe to autopilot as well, otherwise it will just stay in manual mode. You can put gluonpilot in autopilot mode in 3 ways:
- Set mode channel to autopilot
- Set throttle channel to < 0.93ms (so you can distinguish in the GCS between autopilot mode and failsafe)
- In PPM mode, send an invalid PPM train
Tom
Site Admin

Postby idbtao » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:30 am

For this we would need to send a heartbeat message from the GCS to the module and monitor it. I'll put it on the roadmap.??
You can get score highest marks in test-king ccna certification dumps exam using and test toefl practice test king which are prepared by top certified professionals, Tabor College ccna wireless training; both are marvelous in www.the-bac.edu
idbtao

Postby kanwal » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:42 am

hello,a doubt to do a three axis gimbal. I have seen on telemetry data that when gps speed is above 3 m/s,the sensors yaw takes the value from gps at this moment. so is the yaw from acc & gyro better to use? For example at high cross winds, because to track a fixed flight line between two gps points the nose plane has to keep a crab angle (crab ♒ gps yaw - accgyro yaw) to avoid the cross high wind effects and fly on the straight line between the two waypoints. Doesn't it?
I suppose the gyro bias is fixed using the accelerometer or gps data,doesn' t it?
عاطف رضا
kanwal

Postby Tom » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm

There already is a heartbeat message from the groundstation.
There is a SET command that allows you to jump to a certain line if the hardbeat from the groundstation is gone ("datalink").
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Software