making Gluon board alive

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: making Gluon board alive

Postby Mitch » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:48 pm

Have my quad ready for hover tests. Figured I'd post a few pics. Shape and gear is borrowed from a trex 450 heli - this provided a nice place to tuck the speed controls. I may have to add some cooling holes for them. I planned a spot for the GPS if/when I elect to play with it for this application. I didn't have any carbon or epoxy plate so I used 3/32 plywood with 6oz glass cloth vaccuum bagged on it. Couldn't source any decent aluminum tube in the states so I used 10mm square carbon fiber tubes. My initial impression is I will have to decrease the gains from Tom's sample configuration file. More to come.

Mitch

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

You are correct Mitch. My gains are good when using my 'safety bars'. They are about 50cm long and require higher gains because of the larger momentum.

Remember that these P-gains will only work in wind-less condition. If there is wind, you will need an I-term as well. I'm still trying to get some good values using the Ziegler/Nichols method (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PID_contro ... ols_method). My last attempt was not too bad in winds, but in the high winds my quad came down a bit hard and I broke the landing bars... Time to order some new ones.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby sid » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks for your input Tom. WIll reverse the board and give it a try tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Regards
SID
sid

Previous

Return to General