Ailerons - separately controllable?

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Ailerons - separately controllable?

Postby Gutzufuss » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi,

I´m setting up a Radian Pro with GP1 (seems to work fine now, thanks to Rainer and Tom!). I would like to have the possibility to control both aileron servos separately in manual mode for mixing air brake (butterfly) and other things... but I can´t get it to work.
I connected ESC, 2 x aileron, rudder, and elevator from RC via PWM to GP, the servos are connected as described in Gluonconfig (1,2: aileron, 3: elevator, 4: ESC, 5: rudder). As Output Mix I tried "Aileron" and "Aileron-flaperons on Yaw" (what means "roll stabi"?).
But both aileron servos are controlled by just one RC-channel, so no mixing is possible.
Is there any solution?

Thanks,
Chris
Gutzufuss

Re: Ailerons - separately controllable?

Postby Gutzufuss » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 am

Hello everyone,

121 views and not one single answer?
Why? Is something unclear? Is my english too bad?

I cant believe that I am the only one who tries to get a plane with more than one aileron servo to work with Gluonpilot (without an Y-wire) and to abstain from the benefits of flaperons, aileron-diff, crow...

Simple, clear or hard NOs are also absolutley acceptable for me...

Cheers,
Chris
Gutzufuss

Postby Tom » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:15 am

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the late reply. Your question is not 100% clear to me, however if I understand it correctly you should turn to the mixing modes available in gluonconfig.
There is mixing mode "aileron - flaperons on yaw", which allows you to control flaperons in manual mode. Since I don't have a big glider with flaperons I don't use it myself... but some people do.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Gutzufuss » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi Tom,

thanks for your reply. I already tried "Ailerons - Flaperons on Yaw" which doesn`t seem to work as I expected. But I will give it another try and let you know if I got it to work.

Chris
Gutzufuss

Postby shamonde » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:23 am

I cant believe that I am the only one who tries to get a plane with more than one aileron servo to work with Gluonpilot (without an Y-wire) and to abstain from the benefits of flaperons, aileron-diff, crow...
shamonde

Postby Tom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:51 am

This is perfectly possible! Are you using GP1 or 2?
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General