My first setup

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

My first setup

Postby vitik » Thu May 08, 2014 1:55 am

Hello,

This is my first GP set up and something is wrong, I cannot figure out what exactly. If someone could help me, I would appreciate.

I got GP board v10, Locosys GPS, and recently upgraded firmware to v0.9. I have extension board, but do not use it at this time. Right after upgraded I got error message (Error.jpg). Because I did not save setting before upgrade, all settings were gone. After I filled all fields according many recommendations in these forums and multiple write/burn/reboot this error was gone.

I have radio Spektrum DX7, 6-channel receiver Spektrum AR610. Board has 6 PWM inputs, so receiver to board connections are: throttle port to PWM1 with power supply for receiver, aileron – PWM2, elevator – 3, rudder – 4, AUX1 – 5.

I do not fully understand the purpose of Basic Cofiguration – RC Input, so I completed Advanced configuration- RC Input (Advanced.jpg). Basic config became filled in automatically.(Basic.jpg)
Servos output: 1 – aileron1, 2-aileron2, 3-elevator,4-motor (I connected to ESC), 5-rudder
In manual mode all servos and motor work, in stabilized mode – all same and servos react on board movements, in autopilot mode all servos do not move (as expected) except rudder. Rudder still controlled by stick. Also I expected motor to start running, but it is not.

I burned one standby block:
1. BLOCK(Standby)
2. CIRCLE(relative to home position: 0m, 0m, altitude: 50m, radius: 50m)
3. GOTO(2)

After board is rebooted the list of commands is empty, so I need to reload from flash to get this block in Control Station screen.

Sometimes even when GPS locked right location, start position is near to Brussels.(https://db.tt/W0QnIGWX)

It is probably too many questions for one post. Anyway, thank you for your time and I appreciate you help.

vitik
Attachments
Advanced.jpg
Advanced.jpg (92.59 KiB) Viewed 33335 times
Basic.jpg
Basic.jpg (76.68 KiB) Viewed 33335 times
Error.jpg
Error.jpg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 33335 times
vitik

Re: My first setup

Postby fba » Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 pm

Hello
#1 i suppose you have read the quick guide from the download section
#2 on pictures the auto throttle slide is on 0%, increase the value
#3 the basic tab stand for values that you can change by wireless link, and not need USB connection like advanced tabs
#4 after burn the code and reboot try read from UAV or similar command on Ground station to load the code on the module, it not load by default at start
Francisco
fba

Postby Tom » Thu May 08, 2014 6:42 pm

Hello Vitik,

Do you have a gluonpilot1 or gluonpilot2 board?

If you have a v2 board: the 0.10beta4 version is already a lot more user friendly :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby vitik » Thu May 08, 2014 6:59 pm

This is GP1 build v10. Tom, can you tell if connections are made correctly? Why rudder is not controlled by autopilot? BTW, will board work properly if it is mounted upside down? Thank you.

fba, thank you for a hint. What values do you recommend for Tuning: roll sensitivity, pitch sensitivity and cruise throttle? #4 I will try again. Thank you.
vitik

Postby Tom » Sat May 10, 2014 7:15 pm

The autopilot currently only works on ailerons, that's why rudder doesn't work in autopilot mode. If you lack ailerons you can attach your rudder instead, but aileron should work better.

The GPS points to a city close to brussels because that is where I live :-D. When you get a lock the plane should jump to your position. On start-up GluonCS start at the location where the program was last closed.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fba » Sat May 10, 2014 9:47 pm

#4 sorry i will try to explain better. The code is loaded on the gluonboard after reboot but the ground control station doesn't show by self on start, you need execute the command
UAV\read or similar.

Tell what is your airframe or model and maybe someone can provide initial PIDs values that you could change in the future with more skill with Gluonpilot flies, but works well for a newbie
Francisco
fba

Postby vitik » Sun May 11, 2014 3:41 am

Tom, fba, thank you for your help. Just last question, will board work properly if it is mounted upside down?

At first, I wanted to try board with AXN Floater, then with Easy Electra 72 - 72 inches, 3 channels glider.

Thank you,
vitik
vitik

Postby fba » Wed May 14, 2014 6:35 am

Sorry for the delay. I have attached two configuration files. The MPX Mentor is more tested. You can rise the throotle cruise because I like to fly slow to icrease the time. If your plane is lower weighted you must decrease this PIDs values. More important are roll and pitch.

I think you cannot upside down the board only rotate aroud Z axis and put it vertical maybe around X axis

Good luck
Attachments
EFLite Apprentice_Trainer_1-5Kg_firmV_09_20130815.gcf
Eflite Apprentice_Trainer 1.5 Kg
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 1210 times
Mentor MPX_Trainer 2Kg_beta 10_ok_20140428.gcf
MPX Mentor_Trainer 2 Kg
(3.32 KiB) Downloaded 1185 times
Francisco
fba

Postby vitik » Wed May 14, 2014 12:49 pm

Thank you fba, for your help, I really appreciate it.
vitik
vitik

Postby vitik » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:37 am

Hello Tom,

I have two more questions:
1. Should GP switch to Autopilot mode when radio is off? In my case it is in last mode. Doesn't switch at all.

Edited: 6/14/14

Posted by Tom » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:33 pm
"You should program the failsafe of your receiver, to make sure the autopilot stays activated when there is no signal."

Do you mean, that mode control channel in failsafe should be set to Autopilot?

2. In stabilized mode, elevator moves by stick up around 30 degrees and down less than 5 degrees. To make it work like this I increased elevator P: 2.2, otherwise elevator barely moves down. It should be controllable by stick somehow. Can you advise how to fix it?

Actually, I expected that P is sensitivity to plane movement and should not affect control sticks. At least how it works with inertial flight stabilization systems.

Thank you.
Attachments
pid.jpg
pid.jpg (79.87 KiB) Viewed 33228 times
vitik

Next

Return to General