Switch on/off BEC and Gluonboard

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Switch on/off BEC and Gluonboard

Postby fba » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:53 pm

Hello, some weeks ago I had a big crash when I tried to take off with my fly-wing on manual mode . The stator and rotor parts from the brushless motor, flew away. I joined the parts again and it works well but, after another crash at take off I had bad experiences (twice). TO take off, the motor remained spinning high even after I pulled down the throttle channel on the transmitter to abort. I will not use the motor again (SK3 from HK). I switched off the main battery plug while takes the plane with one hand.

So i want connect for safe a switch by myself, like a BEC on/off . Where I must put it? between ...

a) ... receiver and gluonboard?
b) ... gluonboard and ESC?
c)... battery and ESC?

I suppose at power wire.

Thanks for the feedback.
Francisco
fba

Re: Switch on/off BEC and Gluonboard

Postby Tom » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:25 am

Hello Francisco,

Sorry to hear you are having problems during takeoff. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

If you want to kill the throttle using a switch the best thing would be to put a switch between the battery and the ESC. Keep in mind that the switch should be able to switch the current your motor needs (50A)? I don't know if such switches exist on the hobby market. Most ones are rated around 3A, which is not enough.

The best I found is something like this:
http://www.redrc.net/2012/11/s-epower-e ... al-switch/
But rated at only 14A and 10V
Tom
Site Admin

Postby penguin » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:57 pm

Hi,

I would cut battery using BTS 555:
http://plischka.at/BTS555-Schalter.html

Load Current 165A
Short circuit current limitation 520 A
Current <50A without heatsink
penguin

Postby fba » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello,I have found a link on a spanish forum about BTS555. They have bad experiences with asian units, and show scheme and shops to buy it on package (32-38€). Used as amperemeter too.

http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/sho ... php?t=3717

Vielen Dank
Francisco
fba

Postby fba » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 pm

Hello,

I will purchase the BTS555 switch soon, but, again, one day after land and taxi the plane with small bounces on the flying track to the parking zone, the throttle starts by itself again.
I checked the log data and maybe for a problem with my receiver, it swicht itself from manual to the Auto mode (auto throttle enabled).

Maybe others users has used this before but to fix this... now I use a "safe 0% throttle block" assigned to a Flight plan switch on my Tx. This block has a Glide command because has the 0% thtottle option. In the others Flight plan Switchs blocks, the throttle still in auto mode: Standby and Route.

I have tested this and works well. No more:"... Eyyy cabrón, wheeeere do you gooooooOOO??????"
:-) :-) :-)
Francisco
fba

Postby Tom » Sun Nov 24, 2013 4:36 pm

Hi Francisco,

Very inventive ;-)

An alternative is to use the ARM_TRIGGER command and shake the plane before launch!
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General