Photogrammetry with gluonpilot

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Photogrammetry with gluonpilot

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello Julio,

Could you be a little bit more specific about the problem?

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby julioall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:59 pm

Sure, sorry if I wasn't explicit. So, I have these set of picture taken with a sony qx100 camera. After the flight I downloaded the *.xml file to use the Gluon Mapper Wizard in order to geotag the images. After executing the process (which is pretty smooth!) I found out that the images could not be read by photoscan but work perfect with pix4d.

Here is what happens:

You can see that photoscan only read altitude.

Cheers!
julioall

Postby julioall » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:02 am

I found a way to tag the images manually. Actually, the tagging is not working properly for Pix4D Mapper.

Here is the result I got of this recently cultivated potato crop of 92 Ha:
julioall

Postby kempo » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:29 pm

julioall wrote:I found a way to tag the images manually. Actually, the tagging is not working properly for Pix4D Mapper.

Here is the result I got of this recently cultivated potato crop of 92 Ha:

Hi ,

Good result! Can you please share with us the setup used by you ?

Regarding the image tagging , if possible, can you record the screen with the tagging process used by you ?

It will be easier to analysed.
kempo

Postby julioall » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:14 pm

Of course, I use:
-Airframe: FX-61
-Motor: Cobra 1390
-GP2 Kit
-Camera: QX100

The process to geotag the images is quite simple. Take the XML file from the flightlog and open it on excel and apply and advance filter on the trigger column to get unique values. In this case, I am using photoscan which gives you a txt format and simple copy/paste lat, long, yaw, pitch and roll.

I busted the camera in the last flight. I going to use a canon elph 130 with chdk while I repair the busted one. I have not used GP2 with a chdk camera and I would like to know what kind of cable I should use and if it is possible to turn on and off the camera.

Cheers!
julioall

Postby kempo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:30 pm

Julio,

I'm using Canon cameras with GP2 : Canon SX230, S100 , S110 ( chdk installed) .

It is quite easy to control the camera using GP2 , I have shared somewhere on the forum guidelines.

Basically if the camera has CHDK installed and the hardware connection between the camera and autopilot is done everything should be fine.

I will search for the document shared previously and re-shared it again.

I have also a fx61 wing, can you please post your layout ?

Thank you.
kempo

Postby julioall » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:18 pm

Sure, here is my setup:

Additionally, how do you calibrate your servos with GP2? I am building a new wing and seems like I lost that particular knowledge since I am having issues matching GP2 with the Tx.

This is what I do: I level the aircraft on autopilot mode and align the servos to their neutral position and until here everything is working OK. The issues arise when you go to manual mode then the right aileron changes position dramatically upwards but the left aileron keeps its neutral position. There is no trim on the Tx. I am thinking on changing the neutral position of the right servo but the funny thing is that when I attached another semiwing (right) that is used on another aircraft (same setup but older), same thing happens.

Any suggestions?
julioall

Postby kempo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:24 am

julioall wrote:Sure, here is my setup:

Additionally, how do you calibrate your servos with GP2? I am building a new wing and seems like I lost that particular knowledge since I am having issues matching GP2 with the Tx.

This is what I do: I level the aircraft on autopilot mode and align the servos to their neutral position and until here everything is working OK. The issues arise when you go to manual mode then the right aileron changes position dramatically upwards but the left aileron keeps its neutral position. There is no trim on the Tx. I am thinking on changing the neutral position of the right servo but the funny thing is that when I attached another semiwing (right) that is used on another aircraft (same setup but older), same thing happens.

Any suggestions?

Regarding the servo setup/trim here are the steps followed by me :
- install the autopilot on the wing making sure that it is at much as "leveled" as possible;
- in manual mode trim the servo in order to have the desired behavior;

Like this in manual mode you will fly it according with your trims ( RC or servo neutral position) and in stabilize/autopilot the GP2 will have as reference the "level" calibration.

Regarding the FX-61 layout , thank you for the picture but how , where/how will you install the camera ?

I am asking this because now, after several tries I ended up with 100gr of lead to have the right CG. It will be good to find another solution that will allow me to remove the extra weight.
kempo

Postby julioall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:55 pm

As a rule of thumb for non mass reduction aircraft, payload should be as close to the CG as possible. This configuration gives you more opportunities for positioning batteries.

Regardless the camera you use, CG will always be in the same position.

MTOW of this config is 1.7kg.

Regarding the servo thing, you should set the servos on neutral position according to the RC settings and then having the aircraft "leveled" proceed to calibrate sensors (gyroscope and accelerometer), is this correct?

Cheers!
julioall

Postby julioall » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:09 pm

kempo wrote:
Regarding the servo setup/trim here are the steps followed by me :
- install the autopilot on the wing making sure that it is at much as "leveled" as possible;
- in manual mode trim the servo in order to have the desired behavior;

I think you mean to level up then adjust the servos arms and position then go manual and then go manual and trim with the Tx. I did this but the thing is that this is the most I can trim up:

julioall

PreviousNext

Return to General