Photogrammetry with gluonpilot

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Photogrammetry with gluonpilot

Postby kempo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:01 am

Good morning,

Another idea to improve the Z-type survey : now the first waypoint ( no. 8 on picture below) under the survey block is too close to the flightline and this could lead to nok pictures at the beginning of the straight line. My proposal is to be at a bigger distance comparing with the straight line and within the survey area. Is possible to be implemented this modification ?

kempo

Postby fba » Sun May 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Hello,
we could have an advance to photogrammetry on UAV. The Rach RTK module promise plug and play device to get accurate position and attitude. Not info yet about track smooth and latency. I will be so happy to share the experience with the users of the best autopilot on the world :-).
Francisco
fba

Postby kempo » Sun May 03, 2015 3:16 pm

fba wrote:Hello,
we could have an advance to photogrammetry on UAV. The Rach RTK module promise plug and play device to get accurate position and attitude. Not info yet about track smooth and latency. I will be so happy to share the experience with the users of the best autopilot on the world :-).

Hello,

You are right , it will improve a lot the mapping accuracy. Another option , maybe not the cheapest one is to use Ground Control Points.

Are you using GCP for the mapping surveys ?
kempo

Postby Tom » Sun May 03, 2015 8:11 pm

@ kempo: could you send me a .gnf file so I can see the problem? I can't simulate it!
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Mon May 04, 2015 3:27 am

Tom wrote:@ kempo: could you send me a .gnf file so I can see the problem? I can't simulate it!

Please find below the info requested.

http://fastupload.rol.ro/7d2e266d1af88e ... b070d.html

http://youtu.be/S6YjcHAk43I
kempo

Postby fba » Mon May 04, 2015 7:00 am

Kempo, if you need stereo vectors to get a CAD map you always need GCP. Depend on RTK and IMU accuracy you could reduce it but they are always needed.
If you only need a orthomosaic or orthophoto maybe you don´t need GCP depend on the map scale. It is mandatory to check the final map accuracy so it shows if you need GCP on orthophoto or not.
Last edited by fba on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francisco
fba

Postby fba » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:06 pm

low cost RTK GNSS, another new item

http://www.skytraq.com.tw/news/news2015Sep29.html
Francisco
fba

Postby kempo » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:53 pm

Hello all,

Thanks to the good weather I had the opportunity to make some flights yesterday, this time the goal of the flights was to do a side by side comparison between a Canon S100 with a NGB filter ( event38.com) and a "normal" Canon S110 , same flightplan. The conversion of the Canon S100 was done by me, plenty of tutorials available online.

To stitch the pictures I have used the PIX4D demo mode.

First mosaic is from Canon S110 :

Canon S100 with NGB filter :

and final image after using Fiji

As observations:

- the image quality of the pictures , from the camera with the filter cahnged, is ...worst but it seems good enough to have the final mosaic;
- If the weather will be good , I will do more trials , at different hours of the day to check the "impact" of luminosity;
- if someone else has tried camera conversion it would be nice if he could share some raw pictures to be able to compare with mines;
- after couple of months of rest the autopilot behaved perfectly.
kempo

Postby Tom » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:51 pm

Very nice mapping! I should also get an infrared-changed camera.

Gluonpilot is the best in mapping: http://www.suasnews.com/2015/10/38907/a ... er-island/
Tom
Site Admin

Postby julioall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:19 pm

Hey guys!

Potato crop has just begun in Mexico. I will be sharing my experiences with you about agricultural mapping. But first, here is an issues I have while using the MapperWizard to geotag the pictures. I'm using photoscan but when importing the images there is only the altitud and everything else is missing.

Any ideas?
julioall

PreviousNext

Return to General