Review X5 with Gluonpilot 2

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Review X5 with Gluonpilot 2

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:42 am

Hi Fransisco,

I also throw my wings like that in autopilot mode, very easy!

Alex,

Which version are you using? Gluonpilot will only store logs when there is a GPS lock (also in simulation mode).
I'm not sure about the until(height...) command, maybe it is broken. I'll test it myself asap!
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:47 am

Tom, i am using v 0.9 , the log files are after flying outdoor with 2 batteries , during the flights the GPS was locked.

Yesterday i have made another flights, in Auto mode- so the GPS was locked- i will try to download the logs.

Regarding hand launch i have made several trials yesterday and now it is ok, i leaned to throw correctly the wing.

Thank you,
Alex
kempo

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:34 pm

When throwing the wing, I prefer to throw it at a 45 degree angle upwards. The plane will stabilize to a lower pitch angle automatically, but by throwing it this way it will automatically gain 1 or 2 meters altitude!
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Tom here are 2 videos while trying to download the logs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0XOO-OhqVI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Mg7up8jOEk

It seems that from yesterday flights a lot of logs are missing(i have flied a lot in auto mode) , and sometimes i can download the logs, sometimes not.

And to remain on topic, other hand launches , please don't laugh :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ih1Ve9VzEw
kempo

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh, what happened? Was that on autopilot mode?

Please try with v0.10, a lot of improvements have been done! Both hand launch and datalogging should be better!
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:39 pm

This is my hand launch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQZrhKdeoD0

About the log files: x != y means he has read a page with another log number (assuming this is the next log) so he stops.

From the first video, 1 log can not be downloaded succesfully.
On the 2nd video you want to show that the logs are not in the index?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Tom wrote:This is my hand launch:
On the 2nd video you want to show that the logs are not in the index?

Yes.

I will try 0.10 version tomorrow morning.

Thank you for the advice,
Alex
kempo

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:08 pm

There are some usability bugs in the latest beta (due to the hasty update because google maps was no longer working).
I will release a new beta with new features asap (first some test flights to do!)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Good evening,

Today i found some time and i have done 3 flights with the X5 wing.The weight of the plane was 1.15 kg and i used a 2200mah 3s battery.

For each battery i had 15 min of flight in autopilot mode- throttle 45% and when i have used around 1600-1700mah from each battery.

Since the last flights i have moved the CG with 2.5 cm in front of the 2 points marked on the wing and i have trimmed the elevons 5mm up. With these changes i can say that it is much more easy to fly it. I have used the last firmware version for Gluonpilot V2 - 10.4.

Even if in the picture you there are 2 batteries in the same time on the wing, i have used them in rotation , one at a time, the other one was used as dummy weight ( together with 100gr lead).

Some questions :

1. Below there is a survey flight ,it can be observed that due to the wind ,the wing is not getting very fast to the planned track, what i must change from the PID to be faster on the track - a faster correction (now i have the default values for PID)?

2. It can be adjusted somehow the trail lenght (the real pattern flown bythe plane)? Maybe it can be inserted an option under the File menu with the time to be selected ( 5 seconds..30 seconds), now it is around 4 minutes.

3. While building the survey flightplan it will be very interesting to know the area covered by the flightplan, total lenght of the flightplan ( this value could be written while building the survey polygon on the blurred surface, before build route sequence.

I have attached the logs, if you want i can upload also the KML files.

Next steps:

1. make more flights with the actual configuration- reconfirm the flight results from today;
2. add the Canon camera on the x5 wing.

Thank you,
Alex
Attachments
logs.rar
(375.9 KiB) Downloaded 1228 times
kempo

Postby Tom » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:16 pm

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your findings, very interesting to see your flights!

1. You should change the direction of your survey. You should turn it so you always fly with crosswind and every turn is a turn into the wind. This will make your turns a lot shorter. If the wind indication is correct you should rotate it with -80 degrees or so :-)

2. Could you elaborate? I don't really understand the question.

3. Yes you're not the first one asking it. It will be incorporated in a next release.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General