New airframe (again) - Funjet II

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: New airframe (again) - Funjet II

Postby icebear » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 am

Update:

The Funjet II had a glitch and crashed from 30 meters nose down so now the Funjet II is....

... an ULTRA!

I had a spare kit laying around so I decided to move the gear from my beat up old Fubjet Ultra to the new one and at the same time did some weight watching based on the experiences from the old Funjet original.

- smaller spar
- custom motor mount
- GP without ext board
- smaller ESC/Rx

Total weight is nor around 560 grams incl battery but without camera - not bad compared to the 700+ grams of the old Funjet Ultra... :D

/Björn
Attachments
ultra_inside.jpg
Inside the Ultra II
ultra_inside.jpg (186.89 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
ultra2.jpg
Funjet Ultra II - almost finished
ultra2.jpg (142.41 KiB) Viewed 4374 times
icebear

Re: New airframe (again) - Funjet II

Postby icebear » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Update: first flight...

Seems like the season is getting to a end here at Lat N56, but today was a crisp autumn day and I managed to maiden the Funjet Ultra II.

After the embarrasing crash of the Funjet 'original' II, I made extra sure to check range, CG, setup etc etc.

At "only" 600 grams incl keychain cam the Funjet Ultra II took off easily in spite of virtually no wind.

I had trimmed in a little elevator to help launch but it was evidently not needed and even too much. However, the Funjet flew so nice I decided to test a longer route around our area.

I have to say the Funjet is a great platfrom - almost feels like the it was designed to carry a Gluonpilot - or, was it the other way around ;)

Anyway, here are some photos!

Enjoy,

Björn
Attachments
ultra2small.jpg
The Funjet Ultra II after maiden - neat and clean!
ultra2small.jpg (427.34 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
flight.jpg
Track of the maiden flight
flight.jpg (336.68 KiB) Viewed 4367 times
icebear

Previous

Return to General