FunJet

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: FunJet

Postby Captain Future » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Thank you Bo,
It is always exciting.
I also have big plans, one is so crazy that I do not like to express. Currently pursuing a feasibility study. Would you give away your ideas?

The Skywalker and the Twinstar have a large wingspan and are thus susceptible to thermal influences. An Funjet is, against this, not a sailor.
I'm descended with 0% throttle. At high altitude it can be dangerous. May be a pawn in the hands of the winds. My other settings: see above.

An assessment of the video quality on Youtube is hardly possible. Do you have a video of your Horizon on Youtube to compare?

Bo, where are you from? I use the following page for my flight forecast. Unfortunately only for the Netherlands, Belgium and North West Germany. It indicates to me the wind and clouds situation. Also in the height.:

http://rasp.kzc.nl/index.php?Lang=En

Best regards
Eddi
Captain Future

Postby Captain Future » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi Bjorn,
thanks, I will try.

The Gopro is certainly a very good camera. Because of the size and weight it is difficult to implant in a small airframe.

With you, it is colder than ours. Saw yesterday during the game. I want the summer back!!!

Eddi
Captain Future

Postby icebear » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 am

Hi,

We had clear skies and calm weather so I managed some semi high alt today (500m) with the Gopro. Su far behind you and Tom ...! :D
The video is very good IMO - best of all cams tested so far but I havent tested the Horizon of course. The new GoPro 3 weighs 75 grams and in spite of its brick configuration I will try to install in the Ultra next season.
The ideal would be a slightly bigger Funjet like plane. Time to do a search on the internet for a christmas present! :mrgreen:

Bjorn
icebear

Postby penguin » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Eddi,

congratulations for the successful flight from me, too!
Really amazing flight and most beautiful FunJet of all time!

The weather here is foggy and cold with 10cm snow - the forecast unfortunately was absolutely right :evil:
After each flight I have at least for few minutes a '3S/3200 pocket warmer' :D

Rainer
penguin

Postby blagerst » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi,
I live in Stockholm, at the moment no snow but it is getting colder.
I wonder if Gluonpilot needs to be recalibrated to operate below 0 degree ?
I ask because have problems with FY-21 and FY-31 during winter season.

Eddi, you find my videos on youtube, search blagerst.
Most of them done with HoryzonHD.

BTW, thanks for the forecast link, I looked at map Scandinavia, very good info.

/Bo
blagerst

Postby lukasz » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Well, I wish you guys good weather :)
Here in Poland we have 10cm of snow.
Wanted to do some flying this weekend but it was snowing whole Saturday.
Lets hope that next weekend will be better.
lukasz

Postby Captain Future » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Hi Bo,
I've looked at your videos. Very impressive. Especially the "Visby Hamn" In the shadow you can see exactly the Skywalker. Very nice.
Good question because of temperature. That is my worry if I fly into high altitude.
Eddi
Captain Future

Postby Captain Future » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi Rainer,
We have, thank God, no snow. You certainly come from southern Germany. Yesterday it was with us cold, but very sunny. I flew with my son, but without autopilot, self controlled :) Has also been fun.
Eddi
Captain Future

Postby penguin » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Eddi,

meanwhile snow is almost gone :mrgreen:
Yes, I'm near Stuttgart. Where are you?

If I go fly, my son (7) and my daughter (5) nearly always go with me. They let rise kite and I have to watch out that the flyer does not get caught in the lines. Not so easy, because they are constantly in motion ;)
A kite with GPS and Transceiver - could be a nice anti-collision project (if it should be boring sometime) :lol:

Regards, Rainer
penguin

Postby Captain Future » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi Rainer,
I'm from Hannover.
My big son is already 16, my little 5. A very good idea with the kites. :idea: Not always Hightec. ;)
Today I have another problem, the battery of my laptop is not charging. :( Search for cause.

Eddi
Captain Future

PreviousNext

Return to General