FunJet

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: FunJet

Postby lukasz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm

penguin wrote:Yes, of course, I heard of people who love wind noise and motor sound in stereo instead of mono and sharing one channel ;)
My Video Tx/Rx are all stereo, but I never was a friend of this solution...

But I think it's not that common that people use stereo vTX and vRX?
Myself I only have a mono :( But to be honest I don't have any microphone so I don't need the audio :)

Anyway, this could be solution although I don't know how robust such solution would be.

OpenLSR sounds very interesting...
- eLeSeR doku/blog is only in Polish?

Unfortunately for timebeing this is only in Polish. Except what you can find on on the page that offers those.
Obviously this is a big minus for non-Polish speaking willing to buy people.
There is pressure to create English documentation so hopefully you should here some news.

- why did the Polish guys made their own one (and didn't use OpenLSR instead)
- Is it opensource?

The original concept was just to make OpenLRS compatible hardware. But once the guys started to work on that they saw that OpenLRS code can be improved. So they started to develop their own code and came with today solution. I know that OpenLRS at that time had some potential problems that were eliminated in eLeReS.
Unfortunately the code is not OpenSource :/

- you ment telemetrie via UART, not RS232? Is it possible to connect any additional controller and use the Rx and Tx as Transceiver with implementation of own communication protocol, data, sensor or what ever?

Yes I mean UART. And generally you can transmit anything through that and receive on ground. As said in the previous post, currently there is only down-link, so you can transfer anything from the plane and receive on ground via UART on the TX module.

Btw, I like your tracking antenna solution. I like the self calibration. It's quite complex so I would think it's also expensive?
lukasz

Postby penguin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:09 pm

But I think it's not that common that people use stereo vTX and vRX?
Myself I only have a mono :( But to be honest I don't have any microphone so I don't need the audio :)

I use Video transmitters onboard (comtech, airwave) now for ~5 years and they were all stereo.
Perhaps the two audio channels weren't wired on your PCBs. I ever made my PCBs for myself.

Anyway, this could be solution although I don't know how robust such solution would be.

Audio subcarrier isn't very reliable and (for me) too slow. Every few frames your video stream disturbes while fpving your telemetrie will interrupt, too. I did misunderstand you at first post and was little bit confused about the term 'teletext'. But now I'm sure - audio solution is nothing for us ;)

Unfortunately for timebeing this is only in Polish.

I tried to translate into german or english using bing but the project site is too long and thus my pc hang up :(
I will split up in multiple smaller parts and try again...

Btw, I like your tracking antenna solution. I like the self calibration. It's quite complex so I would think it's also expensive?

It is a technical gimmick and too expensive and complicated.
A kind of self calibration would be a antenna as pendulum with weight at the bottom (or just a simply spirit level). And when antenne is perpendicular by gravity it is fixed by hand-screws. A magnetic sensor could capture the sky direction and a built-in GPS stores the location. That would be inexpensive, simple and semi-automatic. The walkers would be amazed just the same and ask (too) many questions, too :)
penguin

Postby lukasz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:34 pm

penguin wrote:I tried to translate into german or english using bing but the project site is too long and thus my pc hang up :(
I will split up in multiple smaller parts and try again...

Here is the link to the polish forum with eLeReS detials:
http://rc-fpv.pl/viewtopic.php?t=5202&p ... sc&start=0

You could try to translate that through google translate:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 6start%3D0
lukasz

Postby Captain Future » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:02 am

Hi guys,
beautiful things. Just, I'm not a FPV flyer, I fly only UAV.
Meaning, I have no video transmitter.

Rainer,
Nice tracker, but for me too complex. A system with two servo would be sufficient.
The catapult also looks very good. Mine will look so similar. Hope to be ready by the spring.

nice weekend
Eddi
Captain Future

Postby lukasz » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 pm

Rainer, some time ago you asked regarding eLeReS English documentation.
At last it's available here:
http://www.eleres.net/wiki/index.php?ti ... sh_version
lukasz

Previous

Return to General