Regarding Correct Throttle Behaviour

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Regarding Correct Throttle Behaviour

Postby Kang.K.P.S. » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:46 am

Dear Tom,

I 've several good test flights with my gluon.But one thing that I would like to ask is how to properly check
gluon for correct throttle behavior in manual, stabilized and autonomous mode during ground check. I think this setting gone wrong can lead to opposite results in altitude maintain and this subject has not been sufficiently elaborated on your pages.
Cordially,
Kang.
Kang.K.P.S.

Re: Regarding Correct Throttle Behaviour

Postby Tom » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:36 am

Hello Kang,

Indeed ground check for throttle control is not so easy.
- Manual: look at the throttle control in the GCS. Also take a look in the "Basic Configuration" screen to verify that the "interpretation" of high and low throttle is correct
- Stabilized: is still manual throttle control
- Autopilot: Verify the throttle control in the GCS if it is according to your configuration (cruise throttle when it has reached the target altitude, lower when above target altitude, higher when below target altitude)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Kang.K.P.S. » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:33 am

Dear Tom,
It's OK to see it through GCS but can we do something to view the correct throttle setting for autonomous
mode without GCS?
Regards,
Kang.
Kang.K.P.S.

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Kang,

I don't really understand what you want to do? You can also see it in gluonconfig.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Kang.K.P.S. » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:40 am

Dear Tom,
Suppose I configure my Gluon on an engined plane.when moving the throttle stick up the throttle should go to maximum. Suppose for this I have to reverse the throttle settings on my RC control and that's done. This will be fine for both manual and stabilized mode.

Now when I would switch to autonomous mode how I would know that the gluon is trying to control the throttle
in a correct way. That is to control the throttle towards max. when desired and towards min. when desired so....! Or whether it is doing that in wrong direction and I will have to reverse that in my gluon config. Other pilots such as UDB generally use hardware switches for that.

Cordially,
Kang.
Kang.K.P.S.

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello kang,
Key to this is making sure evrything has been set up correctly from the beginning. Verify your rc-input (left/right, up/down and high/low throttle) in easyconfig or gluonconfig. When this is correct, it will automatically be correct in autopilot mode if it is correct in manual mode.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Kang.K.P.S. » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:51 am

Dear Tom,

Thanks, It worked perfectly.

However I do like to suggest you to think about new pic controller dsPIC33EP512MU810 for the next version of
Gluon. William permerlani has also come up with an excellently improved method of accerlation compensation and it is here[http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/an-improved-method-for-accounting-for-acceleration-in-gyro-roll].It is worth giving it a try.

Can you provide us the copies of PCB files(I use EAGLE).I and my friends (a small group of retired radio engineers) wish to participate in the technical
development of your project.
Cordially,
Kang.
Kang.K.P.S.

Postby Tom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Yes, I am thinking of using the new PIC. The USB pins are however used instead of another function I currently use, so it won't be a simple drop-in replacement unfortunately.

I will email you the PCB files.
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General