Will be tracking the ground station antenna?

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Will be tracking the ground station antenna?

Postby A.Kirillin » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:37 am

Hi, Tom!

Does your plans for the implementation of the tracking antenna for ground station?
I would like to know at least in general terms the concept of software and hardware implementation. ;)

All the best!
Andrey.
A.Kirillin

Re: Will be tracking the ground station antenna?

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:24 am

Hi Andrey,

It should be something very easy to add to the ground station. (from a software point of view)

What hardware do you have in mind? Is it something that is already available?

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby lukasz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:38 pm

lukasz

Postby A.Kirillin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi!
Well, in order of departure from existing hardware and software.

1. GCS (Gluon Control Station) transmits telemetry (downlink only) on the specified port. The port to connect the microcontroller board (enough Ardupilot, Arduino, and others). Microcontroller handles telemetry and control Pan & Tilt servo. You can try to use ArduStation (I did not like her concept, but still).
Requires minimal code change GCS. Requires users a lot of work with his hands and head.

2. Modification of GCS code to control the USB servo controller (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9664).
The minimum cost.
Requires code change GCS.

3. Using the microcontroller board (level Ardupilot Mega, GluonPilot) between XBee and GCS. The exchange between XBee and GCS transit through the ports of microcontroller. At the same microcontroller processes the telemetry and control Pan & Tilt servo. When installed (optional) on a microcontroller board GPS and Compass module, trecking system does not require the initial coordinates and the correct orientation to the cardinal. Plug and forget.
The most expensive option on the cost of equipment (requires AutoPilot without IMU or the other). Where to get GluonPilot without IMU? :roll:
It can work without a computer (very convenient for FPV).
Choosing a real man! 8-)

In all cases, switching to manual rotation of the antennas.

I liked the mechanisms (but not prices) in http://www.servocity.com/.

For a start I would like to have a output telemetry (downlink) to com-port (set in the settings of GCS). ;)

Sorry for bad English.
A.Kirillin

Return to General