Servo Min/Max movement - EPA

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Servo Min/Max movement - EPA

Postby lukasz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:09 am

e_lm_70 wrote:
lukasz wrote:e_lm_70, how does that GPS-GSM unit look and work like?
Can you point to some specification?

I bought this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/220893353886 ... this is the producer link: http://www.zclelec.com/productShow.asp?id=87, it is the "famous" TK201"

There is now a product specifically for EU market, maybe designed for Conrad: GT 170 and GT 280 ... if you have access to a conrad shop maybe it is an better option

Mainly ... in my case I have a double sim contract, unluckily only 1 sim receive SMS, but both are able to send .... so I can call my SIM (switching off my phone, using VoIP or somebody else phone), and the tracer send an SMS with coordinates. This is my usage

Else ... there are tons of option, mainly designed for car alarms (that is a nice to have, since they did stole already to me a BMW few years ago) ... you can download the manual from the producer web page

Anyhow, for 35€ shipped is not a brainer. On top it has his own battery, so no additional powering needed. And if I'm not wrong this is around 60g device ... so easy to install if you have a big bird (in a small bird the most valuable item is the GluonPilot gear :mrgreen: )

Tchuss

e_lm_70

Doesn't GSM unit mess with electronics on board the plane?
Have you tested such solution already?
lukasz

Postby e_lm_70 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:06 am

lukasz wrote:Doesn't GSM unit mess with electronics on board the plane?
Have you tested such solution already?

I just order a 2m wing ... I think this unit will not mess with my electronic, since I have lot of space available.

No, I haven't test yet, I have just order this GSM-GPS unit.

Eventually, opening up the GSM-GPS unit it could be possible to get a serial stream of the GPS coordinate ... it may be used as back up if 1 GPS stop to work ...

Anyhow, GSM my interference with the radio, but I'm not much concern about it. But I don't think it will interfere with the CPU.

Now, about the acc and gyro reading ... I'm not so sure if it can make interferences. In worst case the GluonPilot could get an electric interference shield. Maybe Tom has more experience.

When I will get all my gears I can report on it ... for me ... in worst case I can still use this device for my car protection or other usage ... so ... I have no concern about it.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Actually it is relative easy to test ... I can take a gluonpilot board, put next to a mobile phone. And make a ring, send sms, open a phone call .. and see if there is any strange value on the XYZ reading.
e_lm_70

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm

I never experienced any interference effects on the IMU, but also I never did a lot of tests with GSM's near the module :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby e_lm_70 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry for repeat myself

What do you think about my mixing idea?

Just for know if I have to download the windows development environment

Br

e_lm_70
e_lm_70

Postby Tom » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 pm

The mixing idea is not bad, I will think about it.

Yes you can take a look at the gluonconfig code, but it is no longer up to date. I'll update it this week.
The GluonCS isn't open source because it was developed for a private customer.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby e_lm_70 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 am

Hi,

I "don't care" of Control Station ... this can be left code closed ...

But I hope and I expect that GluonConfig is open source, and it will stay like this.

I have to send you my FrSky telemetry update code ... so you can include in the next build ... that's will be nice.

I also hope you can implement the mixing as I was posting in the previous page.

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Just order my 200cm wing, the final bird for UAV ... and I'm almost done with the 100cm wing for "testing" the GluonPilot ... so ... maybe next weekend I can maiden ... else it will be on the coming long weekend 8 to 11th Dec :)

pps: I'm going for all digital servos ... so ... it would also be nice to have a configurable servo refresh rate, 50 or 100hz ... assuming the board can "handle" the logic at 100Hz ...
e_lm_70

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:31 pm

You can increase the servo speed: see servo_turbopwm() in servo.c

The mixing is indeed a good idea "as a custom" variant, but I'll have to put it on low priority for the moment... there are IMO more important features to be implemented.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 pm

I updated the software part with the latest and greatest gluonconfig code! :-)

Right now I am cleaning the code up, and then I'll release the new version.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby e_lm_70 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 pm

Tom wrote:I updated the software part with the latest and greatest gluonconfig code! :-)

Right now I am cleaning the code up, and then I'll release the new version.

Any timeline ?

I see R 125 on the google source ... it this stable ?

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:28 am

Yes this SVN version should be stable (untested in flight however).

The changes I am doing right now only need testing (flight testing). I don't know when I will have time for that, and when the weather will allow it :-)
I'm hoping for this weekend...

Basically it is a reorganization of the navigation.c code. I have split it up into "gluonscript.c" and "navigation.c". I think this is cleaner. Now trigger.c and alarms.c can "hook" into the gluonscript commands and parse whatever they want to do. For example trigger.c could trigger a camera on every FLY_TO command.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General