Servo Min/Max movement - EPA

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Servo Min/Max movement - EPA

Postby lukasz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 pm

Tom,

As far as I see, Gluonpilot in autopilot mode is using full servo movement.
Would it be possible to implement some kind of EPA for autopilot mode or at least a possibility to set Min and Max servo movement?

In my current setup I shouldn't be using full servo movement as the way the servo is placed doesn't allow it to move in full range.
Last edited by lukasz on Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukasz

Re: Setvo Min/Max movement - EPA

Postby e_lm_70 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:58 am

Good point.

As well neutral point is not really configurable, it is taken (with a strange system-formula) at the start up based on input position.

Gotta to hack this area too before maiden ... totally don't like how it is now.

Also I don't like the mixing :geek:

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70

Re: Servo Min/Max movement - EPA

Postby lukasz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:03 am

Actually picking up the neutral values from RX works quite good for me.
Those values still should be picked up upon gluonpiolot start up as before each AP flight I do some trimming, land and reboot the module for AP flight.
The only thing I would add is defining minimal and maximal servo movement.

On one of my last flights in AP mode my aileron servo mount broke as the servo reached it max move. I have fixed that and made more space for the servo movement but still think it shouldn't move in full range.
Last edited by lukasz on Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
lukasz

Postby Tom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:35 am

Yes indeed, it was never implemented to be configurable by the Gluonconfig. Mainly because I never needed it and it take a while to do those GUI-things.
But I'll keep it in mind for the next release. As I'm now doing some changes to be able to fly without RC-remote, I might have to implement this too.

What's wrong with the mixing? :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby e_lm_70 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Mixing code is too simple and too strict ..

It is just good for 2 servo controls ... like a wing, or a fun jet.

Then there is a hack for a quadcopter and another for a different one.

It should be something flexible and clean.
That maybe more "complicated" for some novice ... but could be supported by some fix data from gui.

The board has 6 input and 6 output ..

The 6 output could be everything .. the 6 inputs make sense to assign them a meaning
6 input can be:
Aileron
Rudder
Elevator
Motor
Mode (Manual-Stability-Navigation)
Flaps (maybe can be configurable between flaps, and a 3 state navigation jump (neutral - no action, max - jump to line X, min - jump to line Y), so the navigation can be controlled by a 3 position switch on the TX

About the 6 outputs:

I would like to see a total configuration:

ch_out_1 = A * Aileron + B * Rudder + C * Elevator + D * Motor + F * Flags
ch_out_2 = .....
etc

Aileron, Rudder Elevator , Flaps and Motor are either the manual input, or the auto-navigation calculated input ... or a mix of the two, in stable mode

Yes, it implies to configure a matrix of 5 x 6 value (with positive and negative numbers) ... but there could be made some template for Wings, Quad, etc ... a new template can add a new air model.

What do you think ?

On top ... I want a configurable center and max and low value for each output channel, like I have on my radio. Actually, once the GluonPilot is between the radio and the servos, it has to replicate a good computer radio like could be my old Futaba FX-18

When can you do it :twisted: ?... else ... I think I will have to go on my way ... and spy your code :mrgreen:

Tchuss

e_lm_70

ps: Just order a GPS-GSM alarm-tracking module ... for have a position feedback for my planed far away flights .. just 35€ shipped ... a nice insurance for my bird ...
e_lm_70

Postby lukasz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

e_lm_70, how does that GPS-GSM unit look and work like?
Can you point to some specification?
lukasz

Postby Tom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:56 pm

Good news,

I implemented min/max/neutral servo settings in gluonconfig. It will be available in the next release :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby lukasz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow...that's fast :)
I will test that once posted.
lukasz

Postby e_lm_70 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 am

lukasz wrote:e_lm_70, how does that GPS-GSM unit look and work like?
Can you point to some specification?

I bought this: http://www.ebay.de/itm/220893353886 ... this is the producer link: http://www.zclelec.com/productShow.asp?id=87, it is the "famous" TK201"

There is now a product specifically for EU market, maybe designed for Conrad: GT 170 and GT 280 ... if you have access to a conrad shop maybe it is an better option

Mainly ... in my case I have a double sim contract, unluckily only 1 sim receive SMS, but both are able to send .... so I can call my SIM (switching off my phone, using VoIP or somebody else phone), and the tracer send an SMS with coordinates. This is my usage

Else ... there are tons of option, mainly designed for car alarms (that is a nice to have, since they did stole already to me a BMW few years ago) ... you can download the manual from the producer web page

Anyhow, for 35€ shipped is not a brainer. On top it has his own battery, so no additional powering needed. And if I'm not wrong this is around 60g device ... so easy to install if you have a big bird (in a small bird the most valuable item is the GluonPilot gear :mrgreen: )

Tchuss

e_lm_70
Last edited by e_lm_70 on Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
e_lm_70

Postby e_lm_70 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 am

Tom wrote:Good news,

I implemented min/max/neutral servo settings in gluonconfig. It will be available in the next release :-)

WHAT about my mixing idea ?

Do you like it ? ... or I should do on my own ...

I have still not development environment for the GUI ... but ... in case, if I have to ... I will set up on my PC

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70

Next

Return to General