HK FPV-EPP: Suitable Airplane?!

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

HK FPV-EPP: Suitable Airplane?!

Postby Alberto » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Hello Everybody,

I was wondering if the airplane in the attachment (FPV-EPP) is suitable for gluonpilot auopilot.
I'm going to make some tests on it since I have it and it flies very nice (after a long fine tuning session for CG centering!), but my big concern is about gluonpilot position on the plane.
Indeed the most confortble place is were the canopy is, but this position is about 15-20 cm far from the CG.

Tom, do you think Gluon Module can be placed like this? It is a bit difficult to place it inside. Onother option would be to place the module on the top of the wings.

Thank you.

Alberto
Attachments
FPV-EPP.jpg
FPV-EPP.jpg (69.83 KiB) Viewed 5340 times
Alberto

Re: HK FPV-EPP: Suitable Airplane?!

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Hello Alberto,

This plane will be good for the gluonpilot. It won't be a problem to place the module where the canopy is.

I also have an easystar with ailerons and the module in the canopy (so it is similar to the one you show). It flies perfect!
Tom
Site Admin

Re: HK FPV-EPP: Suitable Airplane?!

Postby Alberto » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:36 am

Thank you Tom,

This plane is very similar to the easyStar. I understand your easystar plane has been modified with ailerons, so I will appreciate if you could post your current confuiguration for that plane. It could be a good starting point for my FPV-EPP first flight with gluonpilot!

Ciao.

Alberto
Alberto

Return to General