2 way telemetry?

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

2 way telemetry?

Postby alex » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:16 pm

I do not own a gluonpilot but I am very interested in getting one to use to help me learn about UAV's and to test some things of my own. But I wanted to know if gluonpilot supports 2 way telemetry which will allow me to upload new waypoints in the air. I know that HK GCS support gluonpilot, but does it allow me to change waypoints mid mission?

Does gluonpilot use its own communications protocol, or one of the more common ones such as MAV link that has plenty of features?

THanks
alex

Re: 2 way telemetry?

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 am

Hi Alex,

Yes gluonpilot supports 2-way telemetry and your can change waypoints during flight. However this is not supported by HK GCS.

On the good side: the Gluon CS (GCS) is nearly finished which will allow you to drag and drop waypoints on the map and in flight!

Currently gluonpilot has it's own communication protocol. I thought about changing to MAV-link, but it needed a lot of changes to support all gluon-specific messages (especially for configuration). I have a test-version that can send standard telemetry using MAV-link but I didn't go any further with that yet.
Tom
Site Admin

Re: 2 way telemetry?

Postby alex » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Looking forward to seeing the new Gluon CS
alex

Return to General