Hardware-in-the-loop simulation

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Hardware-in-the-loop simulation

Postby guruganesh » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:06 am

Hi all,
I am new to Gluonpilot and its forum.... can any one please tell me is it possible to have a Hardware-in-the loop simulator set up with the Gluonpilot. I will give a brief description of what exactly I am looking for. I just wanted to know is it possible to do that using Gluonpilot.

Hardware In the Loop Simulation will provide better support for autopilot, development and simulation environment to reduce the time spent on field for verification of algorithms and to check the real time performance. Hardware present in the setup are servos, remote controller i.e. R/C transmitter, XBEE transceiver for communication and the autopilot board (Navigation, guidance and control algorihms are in the autopilot board). Analog (Pressure sensors) and digital sensors (IMU and GPS) simulations, along with the 6-DoF flight dynamic model constitute the software portion.

In HILS the embedded system is fooled into thinking that it is operating with real-world inputs and outputs, in real-time. This is done using LabVIEW real time module.

Thanks and Regards
Guruganesh R
guruganesh

Re: Hardware-in-the-loop simulation

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:52 am

I have some good news!

HILS will be availble on the next release. I am currently doing tests to couply Flightgear and the Gluon CS.

The part in the loop will be navigation and control, not kalman filtering.
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General