Twinstar2

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Twinstar2

Postby Thevan Ratnam » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:52 pm

Guys,

Has anyone installed a Gluonpilot on a Twinstar2 as I could use help on the following issues:

1. Where did you mount the Gluonpilot as the width of the area in the compartment under wing (CofG) is only about 40mm!

2. Without having to buthcer the model too much, I am considering the replacing the canopy with a flat plate where the Gluopilot and GPS can be mounted.

3. I am thinking that the errros will be minimal/not noticebale as it is (near enough); not too far away from the CofG

4. Is there a direction of travel orientation for the Gluonpilot? (I could not find this anywhere else in the forum or instructions but seem to note that everyone mounted it with the GPS connectors being aft)

Thanks - Thevan
Thevan Ratnam

Re: Twinstar2

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:01 pm

Hi Thevan,

No twinstar2 yet, so you'll be the first!

It is better to place and IMU as close as possible to the CofG, but it's not a disaster if you can't. You will only add some additional accelerations when you plane pitches, which it won't do very often anyway.

4. Yes the servo connectors should be facing forward (and GPS backward). You can change this configuration in the code, but not yet in the configuration tool.
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General