Gluonpilot in Easystar

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Gluonpilot in Easystar

Postby Jippieee » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:49 pm

After a few evenings of work I got most of the pilot working. I have not much soldering experience but got all the connectors and cables hooked up and feel quite pleased with the result. The servo's are moving in manual mode from PCM receiver signal so that's a good start!

I just bought an EasyStar plane to play around with the gluonpilot, which fits perfectly in the fuselage. This simple plane has only rudder and elevator. I am not sure how to configure this setup e.g. shall I connect the rudder servo to roll or yaw output? Shall I connect the rudder rx input to rudder or rol input on the GluonPilot? On my transmitter I control the rudder with my aileron stick because the ailerons are missing. I know this does not really important but it just demonstrates that from control perspective there is not much difference.

Setup tips are welcome!

Thanks!
Marc
Jippieee

Re: Gluonpilot in Easystar

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:16 pm

Hi Marc,

Good news!

About the rudder: the gluonpilot only uses the elevator and aileron s(for stabilization and navigation). So an option would be to put the rudder on the roll output. Personally, I modified my easystar with ailerons :-)

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to General