Gluonpilot Version .5 Beta

General discussions on the Gluon-project that don't fit elsewhere. If required, I will create more subforums.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Gluonpilot Version .5 Beta

Postby magellan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Tom,

I kinda agree with you, you know what they say, if it's not broken, don't fix it! Keep it simple.
Extra analog inputs are always good if there are still pins available on the processor, why not.
How would you go about an I2C Pitot Tube?
BTW, I love this project, you have done wonders since it started. Very nice platform, simple interface.
All that is missing is the ground station. I wish I knew how to code stuff like that so I could contribute.

Regards,

Olivier
magellan

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:17 pm

The pitot tube would be rather simple: A differential pressure sensor, and a small PIC such as the dsPIC30F1010 for the ADC and SPI/I2C interface.
I guess 3 components (pressure sensor, dsPIC, capacitor) could be enough...

I don't think you have your own gluonpilot yet, Oliver? :-)

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby magellan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi Tom,

No, I don't have my own yet but I am seriously considering one, after reading pretty much all the posts and seeing how far your project came along as well as some of the successful flight reports, I am hugely tempted.
I made some large expanses this month so I have to restrain myself (car change and stuff...) but I am building a motorized glider on the side and I would love to have the Gluonpilot in there. It just seems perfect for what I want to do, which is leisurely FPV flights, a little scenic aerial photography missions with the autopilot.
Eventually, move on to more unstable platforms to experiment with flight stabilization.
Looks like the perfect match!

Olivier.
magellan

Previous

Return to General