Last version svn 38

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Last version svn 38

Postby Rico21 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:39 am

@Tom

Hi Tom,
It seems 2 files are missing in the last version of firmware: navigation.h and navigation.c and the build failed. Please how can I go futher?
Thanks

Eric
Rico21

Re: Last version svn 38

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Sorry, my bad. I committed the latest code for the firmware as on my machine. It now contains basic quadrocopter code as well, plus some bug fixes.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Rico21 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Thank you Tom,

The build with MPLAB and C30 compiler is OK now.

:idea:
Rico21

Postby Tom » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:19 pm

New update: yaw servo now works, desired pitch and roll is also logged
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:02 am

I'm presently showing the latest svn revision as r35 June 3 "Yaw servo now works". Anyway, with this revision I can't get appropriate responses from the configuration utility and also seems to be corrupting the boot loader with an improper ID. I tried I think every permutation and the board only outputs some random long integers one at a time. I tried the hex file, and an MPLAB IDE build with similiar results. Didn't do a whole lot of troubleshooting but reloaded the previous revision r34 and it seems to run ok.

Am I missing something?
Mitch

Postby Tom » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi Mitch,

I have no explanation for this... I did a new commit, could you try again?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:22 pm

The new commit resolved the issue with rtos_pilot. I'm seeing it as r36 and it is working normally from the hex code burned via mplab - Thanks Tom for the speedy and excellent repair.

I am still having an issue with the bootloader. I hadn't used it until recently. It worked with earlier revisions. All seems normal until I press the download button - then I see

Initiating download
Searching for bl.
Found unknown device id(84) fw ver. 9.9.9 (in red font)
TX 1 byte / Rx 1 byte /2.2s

I don't need the bootloader but I figured I would check it out as a quicker means to update to new svn revisions. I could have potentially corrupted it some other way because I have flashed the board with multiple codes multiple ways. I did try to reinstall the bootloader from your svn provided hex code to no avail.
Mitch

Postby Tom » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:49 am

This sometimes happens to me as well... Usually it works within 3 tries :-)

I think it has something to do with the FTDI header, maybe the RX,TX,GND and 5V pins are not connected simultaneously... and the first milliseconds of communications are scrambled. Usually if you do it swiftly it works better.

I was thinking to include a delay at the beginning of the bootloader, but I also want the startup time to be as short as possible in case a reset occurs during flight (shouldn't happen anyway). Maybe a 10ms delay would be a good "middle way".
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Rico21 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi,

As you have corrected by yourself it was not release 38 but release 34. Thanks to Tom to give us a new release, and congratulations for your circular flight, I enjoy it!

I have compiled new release 36 and I observe 2 things:

- Manual mode is working (Yaw also) but there is no stabilised action on the servos when in semi stabilisation mode and gluonpilot moving (whatever the position of AP handle). Only manual commands have effects. All seems good on the graph when looking ACC, Gyro.

- When compiling with Visual C#, I get 2 errors, 2 files are missing:DistanceTextBox.cs and SpeedText.Box.cs
Rico21

Postby Rico21 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Hi sorry,

After some controls I find that my PID parameters P was all null! Putting them to 0.3 and all is OK.

I think I will try the first fly in a couple of weeks !! Thank you Tom for this good project!

Eric
Rico21

Return to Firmware