Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby lukasz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:31 pm

e_lm_70, good luck with learning how to fly those.
This year I have also build a micro quad (25cm).
I used multiwii controller as the main brain of my quad.
The board was developed by one of guys in Poland.

I must admit that it flies as a charm.
It's equipped with:
MEGA 382P Mini Pro 16MHz 5V - processor
ITG-3200 - 3 axis Gyro
BMA180 - 3 axis Accelerometer
MS5611 - pressure sensor
HMC5883L - compass.

Additionally you can attach to the board OSD + GPS. Latest firmware has return home functionality + position hold- didn't test it though. I have also attached bluetooth module and have android software to configure the quad directly from my mobile phone - that's cool :)

Once I come back home I will post some photos of it.

Btw, I have reprogrammed 4 towerPro ESC to fastPWM and thanks to that the Quad is very stable + responsive. If I correctly remember they operate now at 400mHz
lukasz
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby e_lm_70 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi Lukasz,

Are you near wroclaw?

Nice project, and quite impressed with the capabilities of the little 328

Do you have some photo of your controller?

Anyhow, my guess is with the gluonpilot board, the electronic is more polished, and as well more resilience due to less interconnections ... plus the rtos is also allowing a more clean code

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby e_lm_70 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:33 pm

lukasz wrote:
Btw, I have reprogrammed 4 towerPro ESC to fastPWM and thanks to that the Quad is very stable + responsive. If I correctly remember they operate now at 400mHz


400Hz I guess :D

400mHz ... is mega or milli Hertz :mrgreen:

Anyhow I don't think your control board can run at 400Hz ... the KK run no more then 300 :?:

Anyhow, I also refleshed my ESC in the big quadCopter ... the little one are looking good as they are

Tchuss

E_lm_70
e_lm_70
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby lukasz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:49 pm

e_lm_70 wrote:Hi Lukasz,

Are you near wroclaw?

Nice project, and quite impressed with the capabilities of the little 328

Do you have some photo of your controller?


No, I'm from Warsaw :)

Here are promised photos of the Quad and the controller (sorry for low quality but it was taken from a mobile phone):
IMAG0320.jpg
IMAG0320.jpg (780.62 KiB) Viewed 8288 times

IMAG0321.jpg
IMAG0321.jpg (771.81 KiB) Viewed 8288 times

IMAG0322.jpg
IMAG0322.jpg (919.28 KiB) Viewed 8288 times

IMAG0323.jpg
IMAG0323.jpg (782.54 KiB) Viewed 8288 times
lukasz
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby e_lm_70 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:09 am

Warsaw .... a bit far from Wroclaw ;)

Nice quad, not super micro, but nice.

For me I see too many cables :D ... even if googleling for MultiWiiCopter, I find even more spaghetti HW :shock: ... I expect a much more clean electronic with gluonpilot board.

Do you have some reference to your source code ... it is open ?
I see MultiWiiCopter is expecting to work mainly with Wii sensor ... and not really with Magnetometer and GPS

Tchuss

e_lm_70
e_lm_70
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby lukasz » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:18 am

You are from Wroclaw?

To much cables?
Well, except basic cables (bat, ESC, RX) I have also attached bluetooth module (for wireless communication with FC), compass and led lights that indicate bat level.
This is why you see those cables. If you remove those additional ones than the board is very clean ;)
(4 ESC cables + 1 PPM(from receiver) + bat cables)

As for the board...it has been developed by a polish guy on one of the forums.
Here is his site: http://multiwiicopter.pl/ (I see that the site is outdated as there is a new HW board 0.7)

And here is multiwii project site: http://www.multiwii.com/
and here is the source code: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... svn%2Ftags
..and yes, it's open

Latest version enables you to connect GPS and have return to home + position hold functionality.

Maybee we could port that to gluonpilot :)
I must admit that it flies very stable :)
lukasz
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby TedHogan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:55 pm

lukasz wrote:You are from Wroclaw?

To much cables?
Well, except basic cables (bat, ESC, RX) I have also attached bluetooth module (for wireless communication with FC), compass and led lights that indicate bat level.
This is why you see those cables. If you remove those additional ones than the board is very clean ;)
(4 ESC cables + 1 PPM(from receiver) + bat cables)

As for the board...it has been developed by a polish guy on one of the forums.
Here is his site: http://multiwiicopter.pl/ (I see that the site is outdated as there is a new HW board 0.7)

And here is multiwii project site: http://www.multiwii.com/
and here is the source code: http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/sourc ... svn%2Ftags
..and yes, it's open

Latest version enables you to connect GPS and have return to home + position hold functionality.

Maybee we could port that to gluonpilot :)
I must admit that it flies very stable :)


Hello friend sorry for old thread reply but is there any way to decrease the number of cables? I am facing similar problem of too many cables...Please help me..
Last edited by TedHogan on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TedHogan
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 am

Re: Quadrokopter FW [Done]

Postby lukasz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:24 am

TedHogan wrote:
Hello friend sorry for old thread reply but is there any way to decrease the number of cables? I am facing similar problem of too many cables...Please help me..


Hi there.
From the time I placed this thread I have build a new Quad.
I somehow managed to decrease number of wires and it looks much more cleaner.
I'm not sure what is your setup and what FC you are using so if you could share some photos than I can make some suggestions.
One thing I did is to keep the cables as short as possible.

Btw, Now I'm waiting for Quad code for GP so can play with that and meanwhile I'm still flying multiwii.
lukasz
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:58 pm

Previous

Return to Firmware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron