Auto-throttle firmware.

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Auto-throttle firmware.

Postby daedalus » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:05 pm

I've had two flights today using the r99 development revision mostly to test the auto-throttle.
Everything was fine, generally speaking, just the throttle cuts off in automatic mode.
Is it too soon to try it?
daedalus

Re: Auto-throttle firmware.

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 pm

Hmm no, how did you configure it?

I think the gluonconfig in the SVN is out of sync. Please try with the 0.6.0 version in the download section.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby daedalus » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:09 pm

I have now the v0.6.1 and there is something I don't understand.

In autopilot mode I made the motor work only when I've set the min/cruise/max to 50/0/0. When modifying the cruise or maximal settings the motor cuts off. Due to the way the airframe is configured when the throttle channel is normal on gluonpilot, on the transmitter must be reversed or vice versa. Is this the problem?

Also, do you have any hint for the throttle p-gain?
daedalus

Postby Tom » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 pm

I personally use:
min: 20%
max: 100%
cruise: 80%

gain = 0.9 % / m

Is this better?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby daedalus » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you Tom.
The values that worked for me are min/cruise/max 5/40/55 (overpowered glider) with the gain 0.9.

There also could be a problem with the auto-throttle. To make it work I had to put throttle settings on normal on both gluonpilot and transmitter. Because I'm using a Futaba transmitter this led to an non-intuitive opposite movement for the throttle lever (pull back to increase throttle). To have the normal movement I had to reverse the channel either on gluonpilot or the transmitter but then the auto-throttle is not working.
daedalus

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:37 pm

The normal workaround would be to reverse the throttle channel on your transmitter. Didn't that solve the problem?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby daedalus » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

That's what I'm trying to say. After reversing the throttle channel to have the normal lever movement the auto-throttle is not working.
daedalus

Postby Tom » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:41 pm

Could you take a look at the RC-input configuration tab-page? There you see the raw values Gluonpilot uses as input. When reversing the throttle in your transmitter, the values should be more or less the same (but your stick the other way around) as before. Do you see any weird behavior there?

For auto-throttle: 1000us should be idle, and 2000us full throttle (more or less). You can check this in the RC-input tab or in the new "basic configuration" window.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby daedalus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Sorry, did not check on the RC-input configuration tab-page.
Reconfigured - not reversed on Gluonconfig/Configuration/Servos, reversed on the Futaba transmitter, 1000us idle / 2000us full throttle on RC-input configuration tab-page - and now is working as expected.
daedalus

Return to Firmware