Can not burn configuration to Gluon v0.1J

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Can not burn configuration to Gluon v0.1J

Postby peters » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 am

Hi Tom,

I did like you mentioned and it didn't work. I use gluonconfig 5.2 version that I downloaded. As for ICD2, I have it, and I use it to program 5.2-DEV that I got from SVN. So if you could please point me to 5.2 source, I can build and program 5.2 to the gluonpilot board. I'm curious to see how gluonpilot works as I like to participate in some of the development as well.

Best,

Peter
peters

Postby Tom » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi Peter,

You can download it from the download section (rtos_pilot_v0.5.2.zip):
http://code.google.com/p/gluonpilot/downloads/list

To test whether the FLASH chip still works:
Use the navigation tab:
- First, format: as a result every line should be "EMPTY"
- Change lines, Write and Burn
- Reload
- Read

If you see what you actually wrote, the Dataflash chip is still working.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby peters » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 am

Hi Tom,

As for 5.2 hex file, I can not use Gluonconfig 5.2 to download the firmware to Gluonpilot board. Gluonconfig shows an error message and asks me if I want to retry. So if there is a command line, I would like to try that because the firmware download script after the error, the command line window closed too fast that I can't read anything.

As for Navigation, you are right that I can enter data and waypoints stays after reboot. However, now the problem with R/C input is either with the Gluonconfig doesn't show what's written and/or Gluonpilot does not remember the configuration for R/C input. How can I troubleshoot this issue? I tried reload, read from Gluonpilot board, Gluonconfig doesn't show the configuration that I set (Roll, Pitch, Yaw, Motor, AP) .. Sometime when I reboot Gluonpilot board, it doesn't accept any R/C input, I need to configure it to PWM before Gluonpilot can see the input.

I think I broke SCP1000 as I pressed it when I remove FTDI cable. How can it be fixed? Should I use solder iron to make sure that all connections are still intact?

Best,

Peter
peters

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Peter,

It is really strange that the Flash chip is not broken (you can save navigation data), but you are not able to save configuration data.

As for the SCP1000: You could try but I would be really suprised if the problem was with one of the connections. I never removed it myself so I think is is (nearly) impossible. Do you also get no data when you do a cold reboot (remove power and then reconnect it)?

The ds30 console:
\ds30loader\ds30LoaderConsole.exe -k=COMx -f="firmware.hex" -p -d=dsPIC33FJ256MC710 -r=115200 -q=0a;5a;5a;3b;31;31;32;33;0a -u=115200 -b=1200 -o
Tom
Site Admin

Postby peters » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Tom,

I tried to ds30loaderconsole and the output is attached. It shows that wrong PIC detected however you can see from the list on the top that I put in the right PIC device. What could be the cause of this?

Best,

Peter
Attachments
firmware-upgrade.JPG
firmware-upgrade.JPG (40.77 KiB) Viewed 8797 times
peters

Postby Tom » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 pm

(Just to be sure you are doing it right: when the ds30loader is
Maybe for some reason you have no bootloader? With ds30 loader GUI there is an option to detect whether you have the bootloader. Could you try this "searching for bl..." you have to power the module because the bootloade is only active during the first 100ms or something.

Do you have an ICD2 programmer?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby peters » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi Tom,

Yes, I have ICD2 programmer. If I can get 5.2 code, I can build it.

As for Searching for bl:
Unexpected data received, aborting
Wrong pic detected(84)/selected(199),aborting

I used MPLAB to build and program 5.2DEV to the board before. I think I can do test flight with just program the board to remember my R/C input (which channel is what), then fly. But if the power is disrupted during flight, what will happen to the plane with no channel configuration on the board? Because when I power cycle the board, whatever configuration I put in is gone (except waypoints)..

Best,

Peter
peters

Postby Tom » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:52 pm

I would propose you download the .hex file for version 0.5.2 and burn it using MpLab and the ICD2 programmer. Putting the configuration hard-coded in it should be our last resort.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby peters » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Hi Tom,

I used MPLAB to program 5.2 hex correctly. I put 5.2 hex file in the workspace that I built 5.2_DEV then I just program using ICD2. I tried to capture the version name but when I attach the

As for the board, it is still the same. After I reboot the board, then I restart Gluonconfig. All radio setting was gone. I think the last resort is necessary in my case. I also need to disable SCP1000 on my 0.1J board as the output are all over the place (I think I broke it).

Another two observations, the first is the the microprocessor is warm. The second is that in Waypoint setting, I think I lost a few waypoints since last time. Please see attached file.

Best,

Peter
Attachments
another.JPG
another.JPG (128.52 KiB) Viewed 8789 times
peters

Postby Tom » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Your board looks OK...
Navigation works, so the flash chip must be working...

If you change your configuration, then "Write", "Burn", "Reload", "Read" (leave at least a few seconds between every command): do you get the correct written configuration after the last Read?

What I can propose: your second module will arrive soon. You can experiment with this one. Once the settings are good, you can program them in the code of your first module. You could also send it back to me so I can investigate the issue, but that might be a bit expensive from thailand...
Tom
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Firmware