Firmware upgrade from 3.0 version

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Firmware upgrade from 3.0 version

Postby peters » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:34 am

I have one of the 0.1j version. I tried to upgrade from 0.3x to the latest one by using ds30Loader but it shows "Unexpected data received, aborting. Wrong pic detected(84)/selected(199), aborting" .. Is it possible to upgrade the firmware the other way? I've tried numerous times and just didn't work. Please help.

Thanks,

Peter
peters

Re: Firmware upgrade from 3.0 version

Postby Tom » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:28 pm

Your firmware version does not have yet have the "reboot" functionality which is required to easily upgrade the firmware using GluonConfig.

The time the bootloader is waiting for the ds30loader client program is very short. If it doesn't work it usually is because of the FTDI connector (not all pins are connected simulaneously when plugging it in). You should have better luck when you connect the FTDI connector really quick when the ds30loader is looking for the bootloader.

The other option is using an ICD2 programmer to program the gluon module.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby peters » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 pm

Hi Tom,

I downloaded the firmware 0.51-DEV from download section to the 0.1J board successfully. Then I continue on Bench testing to RC input section. When I tried to reboot from Gluonconfig at first, it didn't work. And I see a number of unexpected errors so I re-download the firmware 0.51 again.

However, RC input still does not show anything. When I connect PWM2-5 to the receiver, I use a single line connection between signal (of that input) to the PWM input on the board. I verified that radio works, receiver works (attach another servo to another channel on receiver to check), and Gluonconfig doesn't see any R/C input at all.

Another issue is that when I reboot the board after "Burn", everything seems to be stuck. I had to "Load default" button before IMU data comes out. However, the data seems to be weird as the plane would start upside down. Please let me know if you have solved this before. I tried to read down the forum but couldn't relate to anyone.

Thank you,

Peter
peters

Postby Tom » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:27 am

Hi Peter,

The configuration for the latest firmware version is not compatible with what was stored for version O.4 and earlier. You will need to completely reconfigure the module (unless you saved your configuration to a file).
"Load default" makes sure there is a valid configuration on the module. However, the sensors will not be correctly calibrated.
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Firmware