source code for revised RTOS pilot - v 0.51

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

source code for revised RTOS pilot - v 0.51

Postby TheBoD » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:37 am

Tom, do you have the source code for the revised version of the RTOS pilot project that you uploaded in mid-November to apply a fix with reading servo values.

The hex file I am referring to was compiled on Nov 10th and is 229KBin size . I would like to move to the quadrocopter version of the file and I want to make the appropriate source code changes. When I use the RTOS hex file with the quadrocopter setting in the project folder it works fine except I have been unable to make the switch in the source to delete ahrs_kalman_3x2.c file and add ahrs_simple_quaternion.c in MpLab so I get no pitch and roll response on the bench test.

Hoping to get the first part my quadrocopter built over the New Year break but I would like to do some early bench testing of the control system first.

Many thanks.
TheBoD

Re: source code for revised RTOS pilot - v 0.51

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:18 pm

It's on the google code SVN server.
Tomorrow my christmas vacation starts, and I'll put a new .zip file with the latest code online :-)

Why can't you swap ahrs_kalman with ahrs_quaternion? Do you use MpLab?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby TheBoD » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 pm

Tom, thanks for the feedback. I will wait for the zip files. I do use MPLAB but when I imported the new file you put out in mid November I only picked up the hex file and so could not see any source code.

Thanks again.
TheBoD

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:37 am

Sorry for the delay.

The latest development source code can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/gluonpilot/downloads/list
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Tom » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Some debug output was still present. I replaced the file with a better version.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby TheBoD » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:39 am

Tom, thanks for the latest posting.

I have been doing some initial testing work for the quadrocopter. I have four servos connected to the outputs 1 - 4 in order to test what I should see as the controls are operated. In Manual mode the 4 servos respond OK in line with the throttle adjustments with small changes when I move the elevator, aileron or rudder sticks. When I switch to stabilised mode and move the Gluonpilot board around , to simulate the quadrocopter moving, I can see the pitch and roll horizon moving on the display tab but I don't see any corresponding movement in any of the servos to simulate the motors adjusting their speed to correct to hold the attitude stable.

I know I am in the quadrocopter mode as I have set up an output message in the control initialization code to confirm this. I have max / min pitch settings as 25 degrees but I am not sure what other settings I should have as the initial setup. Would appreciate any suggestions ? My initial bench tests will be with two motors mounted on a see-saw arrangement to confirm the control scheme is working.
TheBoD

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:19 am

Did you enter some "P"-pid values in the gluonconfig?
Tom
Site Admin

Postby TheBoD » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:48 pm

Tom, thanks for your note. I did not realize I needed to enter 'P" values - would these be in the gluonconfig.c file and if so how do I determine these. Thanks
TheBoD

Postby Tom » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:24 pm

You'll need to do a lot of tests with the quadrocopter. It depends on it's size, weight, size of props, ...

My values are around:
Pitch:
P = 0.15
Roll:
P = 0.12
Heading:
P = 0, I = 0, D = 2.4
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Mitch » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:42 pm

Another caution here. The quadrocopter code implements turbopwm which is a high frequency pwm intended for the speed controls. The pwm frequency is too high for most servos. The servos may not function properly and may overheat.
Mitch

Next

Return to Firmware