Stabilised mode : servo operation travel

Here is the place for all your dsPic or autopilot questions.

Moderator: lukasz

Stabilised mode : servo operation travel

Postby marc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:19 am

Hi,

Why is servo travel reduced in the stabilized mode compared to the manual mode.
In the manual mode the servo travel is +/-80° when I move the RC transmitter stick.
In stabilized mode the servo travel is +/-20° when I move the RC transmitter stick.

I expected to have same servo travel in both mode (when using the transmitter stick) and that the autopilot adds its correction on top of these values...

Is there something I misunderstood?

Cu
Marc
marc

Re: Stabilised mode : servo operation travel

Postby lukasz » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 am

This depends on the settings that you entered in Control tab:
control.JPG
control.JPG (61.75 KiB) Viewed 5477 times

And under PID tab:
PID.JPG
PID.JPG (62.38 KiB) Viewed 5477 times

Here are the details how to configure those:
http://gluonpilot.com/wiki/Stabilized_flight
lukasz

Postby marc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks Lukasz,

Probably my question was not 100% clear... I already read the wiki and configured my plane as suggested.
My "autopilot behavior expectation" was that if I give on the RC transmitter full roll to the right, I expected the servo to turn full roll to the right until the Max rool =(eg the 45° of your post) is nearly reached...and then the PID takes the control over to maintain the roll on 45°....

Do I be wrong somewhere?

Marc
marc

Postby Tom » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi Marc,

about your roll example: if your aileron isn't moving enough, you should increase the "P" (of the PID-tab) of the roll 2 aileron group. It shouldn't be it's maximum position. This would be too much. If you fly your plane manually, you never give full aileron deflections as well :-)
The "max roll angle", is the maximum angle of your plane. If it's 45°, your plane will never have a roll angle of over 45° (in both stabilized and navigation mode).
As a rule of thumb I can say that the aileron deflection in stabilized mode is usually less than you would expect. On a fast funjet it is only a few millimeters.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Firmware