Current sensor - connection/calibration

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Re: Current sensor - connection/calibration

Postby Tom » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:10 pm

Sorry I have no clue what could be going wrong...

I can only advice to use this latest firmware version attached and see if you can supply the current sensor input signal with a few fixed voltages. This would allow us to see where it is going wrong.

Tom
Attachments
rtos_pilot.X.production.hex
(479.81 KiB) Downloaded 1321 times
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Tom wrote:Sorry I have no clue what could be going wrong...

I can only advice to use this latest firmware version attached and see if you can supply the current sensor input signal with a few fixed voltages. This would allow us to see where it is going wrong.

Tom

Hi Tom,

If I understood well, i must upload to the board the firmware version send by you and to connect to the current sensor different batteries (different voltage of each battery) .

The goal is to see the difference between the real battery voltage ( using a Multimeter) and the voltage that it is displayed on the Gluonpilot Ground Station ?

Thank you,
Alex
kempo

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:37 pm

Do you have a device to put a variable voltage between 0 and 3v3 to the current sensor input (on the board, not using the current sensor)?

This way we can see if the current sensor is broken or it is something on the GP2. The latest firmware attached contains a small bug fix for the current sensor.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Tom wrote:Do you have a device to put a variable voltage between 0 and 3v3 to the current sensor input (on the board, not using the current sensor)?

This way we can see if the current sensor is broken or it is something on the GP2. The latest firmware attached contains a small bug fix for the current sensor.

I am using a potentiometer , please confirm me if it is ok the scheme below:

If it is ok, 3.3v is the max voltage that i can apply using the potentiometer? What readings I must follow on the groundstation (1v applied from the potentiometer = X Amps reading on the groundstation ?) ?
kempo

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Alex,

The actual current can only be seen in the OSD. The GCS only shows mAh... So hook up your OSD. The scaling value for voltage -> current is configurable in gluonconfig.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby kempo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:00 pm

Tom wrote:Hi Alex,

The actual current can only be seen in the OSD. The GCS only shows mAh... So hook up your OSD. The scaling value for voltage -> current is configurable in gluonconfig.

Tom

Hi Tom,

To better understand( and to avoid to burn something on the board):

- the scheme from above is correct ?

- i can apply max 3.3V ?

- what reading/parameter ( from the ground station) i must follow to see if there is a correlation?

I will not activate for now the OSD, i will complicate too much the things in this phase.

Thank you for your feedback,
Alex
kempo

Postby Tom » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

Hi Alex,

Yes this is good to test the current input. But didn't you also have a problem with the voltage input?

The actual current can only be seen in the OSD. So if you want to test the current you will need the OSD...

Your schematic is correct :)

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Hardware