Multiple Batteries

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Multiple Batteries

Postby spinner » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to measure a second motor battery that isn't connected to the Gluonpilot avionics circuits as we have separate batteries for the motor and avionics, there are two indicators in the GCS but I can't find any info on how to set up the second one.

Thanks,
Tim.
spinner

Re: Multiple Batteries

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi,

On the extension board there is an input pin labeled vbat2. This one measures the 2nd battery. Make sure the GND is common.

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fba » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:49 am

I use the battery balance socket to measure second voltage battery (supply motor in mine plane), labeled "V2" on the board. Only use ground and highest voltage pins, leave the others not join. A female socket attached to Gluonpilot.
Francisco
fba

Postby spinner » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:32 pm

Which connector's do you use, I've got XT60 on my motor batteries and I've thought of a couple of options to measure it's voltage but none that I'm sure will work.

Thanks,
Tim.
spinner

Postby Tom » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:07 pm

Sorry indeed it is labeled "V2".

Connect your 2nd battery input to V2 and the GND of this battery to a GND pin.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby fba » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:45 pm

spinner wrote:Which connector's do you use, I've got XT60 on my motor batteries and I've thought of a couple of options to measure it's voltage but none that I'm sure will work.

Thanks,
Tim.

Connect your XT-60 connector to ESC XT-60 socket as normal you did it before but use the balancer socket in your battery (usually JST-XH) to measure V2 (voltage 2nd battery).

To do it you must get a JST-XH female socket (or like your lipo charger has) and solder only two wires to pins female socket, the ground and the opposite pin (who has the higher voltage). For 3S you have four wires in balancer so use the ground (black or brown) and the opposite (the 4th wire), solder the other side of wires to pad V2 and GND on extension board.

See balancer scheme here (four wires for 3s balancer), red higher voltage (your V2). "An image better a thousand words" . Only use the outer wires!
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/59/6uhi.jpg/
http://scriptasylum.com/rc_speed/lipo.html
Francisco
fba

Postby spinner » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 pm

Thanks Francisco I think I have the idea now.
spinner

Postby kanwal » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:32 am

no it was from someone else he had wrote that programme
it remembert the location of the biggist bell and return then to that place if the airplane was at a curten alltitude i, m sure a saw it here somewhere.
You can easily check out our high quality Testking teas practice test which prepares you well citrix certification real testking. You can also get success in hodges with the University of Hawaii and selftestengine.
kanwal

Return to Hardware