Little Electric Fire.....

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Little Electric Fire.....

Postby magellan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:13 am

Hi Tom,
I was playing around with my setup testing things, seting PPM out from my receiver to the GluonPilot.
When I hooked it up, the voltage regulator sparked, then vaporized itself.
Here is a photo of the board.
I can send you the board to see if it`s fixable, if not, just throw it away.
I`ll pay for the repair if you feel it is worth it!
If not, I will just wait for your new hardware to come out and get a brand new one!
It was all my fault, I had a 6.6V LiFePo battery hooked up to my receiver, I suppose it was too much for the board. Damn! :oops:
Attachments
GluonPilotSN69-V01n-RIP.jpg
RIP GluonPilot!
GluonPilotSN69-V01n-RIP.jpg (137.41 KiB) Viewed 16984 times
magellan

Re: Little Electric Fire.....

Postby Tom » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am

Hello Olivier,

I don't think the 6.6V was a problem, the regulator should be able to handle up to 15V according to the datasheet. Feel free to send it back to me, the picture is too blurry to evaluate it :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby magellan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi Tom,

Will send it out on Tuesday. (Monday is a holiday here) Could you PM me the address? I'll try and get a better picture too.

Thanks!
magellan

Postby small_rc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:37 am

It looks like the capacitor blew up. The REG1117 and the 2 caps are available from Digi-Key in North America. It looks like you may have reversed the polarity of the power. Ask me how I know?

I have replaced the REG1117 the 2 caps and the 4.75 volt reglulator on mine after doing the reverse polarity on the power. It is easiest with an air soldering station not an iron.

All works fine after repair. If you are in North America, I can try to fix it here. The parts are very inexpensive. The time should be less than 30 minutes and the postage is the probably the biggest item.

Jim H
small_rc

Return to Hardware