Gluonpilot power connections

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Gluonpilot power connections

Postby Konkani_70 » Fri May 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi guys,

I have a couple of questions on the gluon board Tom if you don't mind answering:

-I need to supply a 5v 730mA current to my Digi Xtend wireless module through the FTDI connection while the gluon board is being powered by a battery separate from the servos, is this ok or is 730mA too much?

-On the Gluon board what are the two pads marked "PWR_SW" near the airplane image for?

-On another note I read somewhere that the GCS's map cache size is limited to only 22MB, is this right? can this be increased?

Regards!
Konkani_70

Re: Gluonpilot power connections

Postby Tom » Tue May 22, 2012 5:14 pm

Hello,

- Do you really need all this power :-) 100mW should be fine I think. I never tried with such a lot of power. I feel your RC-receiver will also suffer from this (if this is 500mW transmitted power).
- I made this to add a power switching IC, so you can externally start or stop powering a device. I never implemented it however.
- It can easily be extended, but right now only in code. About 50.000 tiles can be stored in 22MB.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Konkani_70 » Tue May 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey Tom, thanks for the reply.

-Well... you're right, not right now probably :) but at some point in the future I want my UAV to be really long range so this should be nice to have, can I just disconnect the power pins from gluon's FTDI and connect the XTend module to an external BEC for example?
-Can you show me how to modifiy the code for more GCS map cache or is this too much trouble/work?
-Also I read somewhere that there's code in gluonpilot to reset XBee modules every five minutes, will this code reset my XTend module too? You think it's better if I remove the code?

Regardos!
Konkani_70

Postby Tom » Wed May 23, 2012 5:34 pm

- Yes that would be safer
- What size would you prefer?
- If you don't mind to loose the connection for a few seconds every 5 minutes, it's better to keep it this way :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Konkani_70 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:11 pm

Hey Tom!

-Cool!
-Hmm... a cache of at least 200MB would be really nice if you don't mind :ugeek:
-I looked into the code and it seems that if I comment out lines 150 to 158 in "communication_csv.c" and recompiled it the Xbee reset will be removed, is this going to break anything? and which compiler do you use?

Many thanks,
Konkani_70

Postby Tom » Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 am

200MB is a lot! I'll have to make it configurable then.

You are correct for the reset. Just download the latest code from the SVN and install MpLab X to edit & compile.
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Hardware