APC 220

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

APC 220

Postby ivanhoes » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi,

is it possible to use the APC 220 http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=57 instead of the XBee? First, it is much cheaper. Second, I have a 2.4 GHz radio and 5.8 video... 3. maybe the 9600bps are to slow? Any alternatives?

regards,

iwan
ivanhoes

Re: APC 220

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi Iwan,

Yes this should work. The UART baudrate should be 56700baud so you'll need to change that with the configuration software of these radio modules.

9600baud over the air is not super-fast, but in Gluonconfig you can slow down the telemetry. So this is also not a problem.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby ivanhoes » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi,

thanks for this quick response.

That´s good news. At the moment I am grabbing all the stuff for a FPVRaptor... Any experiences with Gluonpilot and this plane? Haven´t found anything at rcgroups nor youtube.

I have only seen this Funjet video... But the Raptor has even landing flaps.
So the question is now: Is it possible to get all the the ailerons and flaps in function? Guess there will be some need of y-cables to get this all working?
ivanhoes

Postby Tom » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Nop, not gluonpilot in the FPVraptor, but some people have flown it in an easystar and the Skywalker, so I expect this one to be similar.

Yes there is a mixing mode called aileron with flaps. The rudder input is replaced with a flaps functionality, and tested by somebody with a multiplex Cularis.

I don't have a plane with flaps myself, but I'll be happy to add another mixing mode if you can tell me how it should work :-)
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Hardware