Downloading recorded data

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

Downloading recorded data

Postby icebear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Hi,

I just installed my new GP with the extension board in my Funjet as described in the General forum.

However when downloading recorded data to my PC, I will use the FTDI cable and I just wonder if I can connect the FTDI to the extension board (no power to rx/servos) and still keep the XBee on the board.

Anyone doing it this way or have any ideas?

Thanks,

Björn
icebear

Re: Downloading recorded data

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Sorry, I made a small mistake when designing the extension board. I needed and "AND" port with pull-ups, but soldered an "OR" port to it. In the next version this won't be a problem anymore... Right now you'll need to disconnect the XBee before attaching the FTDI connector.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby icebear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok, thanks for the explanation Tom. I guess there is no way to d/l the data over the modem?

Thanks, Björn
icebear

Postby Tom » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:55 pm

Yes you can download the datalog over the XBee as well, but some packets might get lost on the wireless link. Just give it a try and you'll see.

What would you like to use the datalog for? There is also recording in the control station.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby A.Kirillin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:40 pm

With Xbee comfortable download logs. When removing the Xbee is possible to damage it, or the socket. To connect the FTDI (only a firmware update) I disconnect the extension board. At the same time the power is on the extension board. Instead, power connectors, I soldered the ribbon cable (~ 2cm). So reliable. ;)
A.Kirillin

Postby icebear » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:21 pm

OK, good - I didn't know you could d/l te data also with the Xbee link...

I like to have the raw data for analysis even with the possibility to record the flights. I guess time will tell if its onky habit or useful! Your recorded flights Tom are great to see and learn from!

And yes, seems like a good idea to remove the whole ext board when oing fw updates!

/Bjorn
icebear

Return to Hardware