GPS-EB85

Questions or remarks on the Gluonpilot-module? Put them here!

Moderator: lukasz

GPS-EB85

Postby Rico21 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:01 pm

@ Tom,

I have a trouble with the GPS which is a EB85-A.I connected my GPS but I can not get the proper status : neither void nor active.I 've put a test line in GPS.C (gps_init) after the delay lines in order to see if I get uart2_dataready () and I never get it but as you know it's not blocking. I have added a more long delay also (+500ms) but no success. I have tried all the speed setting for the UART2 baudrate for the startup and write, burn, reboot after power off whithout success. I use my scope to look at the signals on the interface for the output i see something just after the boot and for the input the signal from the GPS seems to be good and always active. By which way can I continue my research?

Thanks for your help

Eric
Rico21

Re: GPS-EB85

Postby Rico21 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Hi Tom
I have installed today the version 22 and I see your comments about old EB85. So I put the timer to 10 seconds and my GPS is working now! I have to test values between 2.5 seconds which does'nt work and 10 which work.
My EB-85 is an old one I bought it 2 or 3 years ago. If I have to buy another one, which, should I get? Locosys or a new EB-85?

I have modify a receiver graupner R7OO to get PPM pulse train and it is working fine with the Gluon!
The datalogging seems to be very nice and usefull I will test it tomorrow.

Thanks

Eric
Rico21

Re: GPS-EB85

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi Eric,

Glad you found the solution yourself :-)

My EB-85 is also slow, but 2.5 seconds waiting was enough for me... I'll need to find a way to get around this...

I would recommand the Locosys: its slightly smaller, has an onboard battery (very quick fix!), and a LED that indicates the GPS lock. AND you can use a normal header to connect it to the gluon module.

Glad to read the PPM also works!

Please send me any comments if you have them!

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Hardware